News from the Parish
Essential Maintenance Works - A5 Towcester
The following essential maintenance work on the A5 from the road bridge over the River Tove (near the entrance to Tesco's) southwards towards the junction of A5 with Marlow Road, Towcester.
During this comprehensive scheme of work, repairs to damaged drains, kerbs, resurfacing of some footways, resurfacing of carriageways, refresh road markings and install road studs and traffic loops.
The work will also include the reinstatement of a trench over a gas main that runs between the south side of the junction at Brackley and Northampton Roads and the Lindens.
Once completed, all road users will benefit from improved road safety and smoother carriageways.
Work is due to start in late July and is scheduled for completion by the end of November 2018. The work will be carried out in two shifts per day (between 7.00 am and midnight) Monday to Friday, one shift (between 7.00 am and 5.00 pm) on Saturday and one shift (between 8.00 am and 4.00 pm) on Sunday.
All these works are subject to weather constraints.
During these closures there will be;
- temporaily close the gaps in the central reservation on the A43, between the junction with Tiffield Road and the junction with Towcester Road, for the safety of the public.
- a fully signed diversion routes, which have been agreed with the Local Authority
- temporaily lift one-way restrictions to enable access and egress for businesses and residents in Park Lane and Browns yard: and businesses, residents and visitors to Chantry lane and Moat lane.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
If you have any questions about the works please contact the Liason Officer at:
- email: infoAfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 07964 114623
Chairman Pattishall Parish Council